Blog Archives

Masha’s Law provides a civil right of action in federal district court to victims of sexual exploitation of a child and various child pornography offenses

Posted in *All Posts, *Federal Court, Child, Child Abuse, Criminal, Torts

Reaching the age of eighteen merely creates the presumption a child is emancipated

Posted in *All Posts, Child, Emancipation

When a child seeks special immigrant juvenile status

Posted in *All Posts, Child, Immigration

Fees can be awarded or denied to any party in a matrimonial case whether or not they prevail

Posted in *All Posts, Child-support, Counsel Fees, Divorce

Child support belongs to the child and cannot be waived by the parents, and an obligation to support a parent’s child cannot be evaded by a property settlement agreement

Posted in *All Posts, Agreements, Child-support, Child-support-modification, Property-settlement-agreement, Settlement agreement

The trial court has substantial discretion in making a child support award

Posted in *All Posts, Child-support, Child-support-modification

The court may enter a retroactive date of an initial support order

Posted in *All Posts, Child-support

Courts cannot take judicial notice of the fact that domestic violence begets emotional distress or other psychic injury in child witnesses

Posted in *All Posts, *Published case, Child Abuse, Domestic-violence

Opinions or diagnoses within business records

Posted in *All Posts, *Published case, Child Abuse, Evidence, Expert Testimony, Hearsay, Litigation, Loss of Parental Rights

Business records of the Division of Child Protection and Permanency

Posted in *All Posts, *Published case, Business Records, Child Abuse, Evidence, Hearsay, Litigation, Loss of Parental Rights

Contact Information:

Paul G. Kostro, Esq.
116 South Euclid Avenue
Westfield, NJ 07090
Tel: 908-232-6500
Fax: 908-232-2277
Please review our Confidential Mediation services; and visit our NJ Collaborative Divorce webpage.
To post (subject to approval) a general public question or comment, go HERE.